Module 1 Understanding and defining the terms
The purpose of this module is to enhance knowledge, skills, and increased critical awareness of stakeholders in law enforcement, places of worship, civil society organizations, educators and policy-makers regarding a variety of terms related to security in religious and faith community environments. Such terms will be discussed in their diversity as well as to their variance in the different countries of the consortium.
At the end of the module, the participants will be able to:
- Be acquainted with the terminology around the topic of security in places of worship
- Understand the array of threats and responses regarding safety of sacred sites
- Realize the importance of culture and/or faith differences
- Place the security problem within its social and historical context
- Acknowledge the challenges faced by religious congregates around Europe